HUNDREDS of parents, teachers and pupils from four schools, as well as clinic staff, marched to Msobomvu Police Station yesterday.
They wanted to voice their anger that a rape suspect who had been terrrorising Ibika kasi, in Butterworth, had been released.
One of his victims was among the marchers who were demanding answers from cops. The 28-year-old mother said she was bathing on the morning of 4 July when the man knocked on her door.
“I told him not to come in because I was bathing but he forced the door open and entered.”
The woman said he grabbed a bread knife from the table and threatened to stab her in the heart.
“He asked for a condom and raped me. He then removed the condom and raped me again. He bit my face when he tried to rape me a third time,” she said.
Cops had some suspects in custody on 20 July. They asked the victim if she recognised any of the men.
She pointed out one of the men. He was charged with rape and appeared in court on Monday but was released the same day.
Community leader Sibabaliwe Dadaboshe said the man raped men and women. She said the men did not want to come forward to open a case.
Police spokesman Captain Jackson Manatha said the woman had wrongly identified the man and that was why he was released.
Manatha said no cases regarding men being raped had been reported.
He said the only case of rape was the one reported on 4 July. “DNA was taken and sent away for testing but the results will only be known after three months.”