Pretoria – Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi was careless and contravened the Children’s Act when he posted on social media the controversial picture showing what appears to be a little black girl being segregated at Koeitjies en Kalfies nursery school in Centurion.
This is according to the FF Plus, which said it would on Monday lay a charge against the MEC at the Wierdabrug police station.
Advocate Anton Alberts, FF Plus Gauteng leader and mayoral candidate for Tshwane, will lay the charge.
Alberts said Lesufi shared the picture to his huge social media following, placing the lives of the children who had been photographed in danger.
“Unruly elements could harm the children who were identifiable in the picture,” Alberts said.
Provincial education department spokesman Oupa Bodibe said they would defend the matter as the MEC did nothing illegal.