Sam: Patrice Motsepe promised me R1million!

1
519

PUBLICITY-HUNGRY Senzo Meyiwa’s dad, Sam Meyiwa, has made a big U-turn on one of his many claims.

Since Senzo’s passing, Sam has been hogging the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

In April this year, when the PSL
insurance payout was released, he didn’t get a cent.

Last week on record, he told Sunday Sun he was struggling financially and that Mamelodi Sundowns president, Patrice Motsepe, had promised him R1 million after Senzo’s death in 2014.

This week he changed his tune in a recorded telephonic conversation and told Motsepe Foundation spokesman, Sizwe Nzimande, he had made no such claim.

In an email, Nzimande denied the mining magnate had made such a promise.

He issued a statement which reads, in part: “As a registered NPO, the Motsepe Foundation has established policies and procedures that have to be followed before a funding request can be considered.

“The request has to be in writing, on a prescribed funding application form.

“We saw the claims in the media at the time of the funeral of the late great Senzo and took it as just
rumours. Importantly though, if Mr Meyiwa is seeking assistance, he’s more than welcome to make contact with the Motsepe Foundation and the request will be considered in the
manner that all other requests are considered.”

This week Sam refused to comment and hung up the phone when we sought clarity on his R1 million claim.
DailySun

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY